It happens at least once in a lifetime for sure. Have you ever been on vacation and had someone get ill the first day by eating the wrong thing, leaving them with the sudden urge to find the nearest washroom? Or they've been sunburned so badly that they've had to sleep naked every night because of the pain? Or maybe they wanted to have some extra protection when everyone else is getting ill?
Imagine a solution that is within hands reach to relieve your stomach immediately or ease the sunburn pain. Take a moment to consider the Top Ten Family Essentials and you will land yourself here with doTERRA’s collection of family-friendly oils that are essential to every active family on the go.
10 x’s 10= 100 Family Loving Solutions just for you!
10 Uses for Digestzen
- Tummy Tamer. Babies, bellies and big kid burp. Simply rub on your child’s tummy when they have an occasional tummy ache. Apply before bedtime and it will help them sleep soundly too! Dilute 1 drop of the Digestive blend with fractionated coconut oil and massage onto baby’s tummy when upset, looking for simpler tools that are prediluted? Pick up the doTERRA Touch oils! Fully diluted and ready to use.
- Do boat trips really wreak havoc on your head and stomach? Well, this may just be your ticket. Apply a drop behind your ears, around your belly button and take a few Digest Tabs on the trip to help you out! This may be your ticket. Bon Voyage!
- Seasonal Discomfort? Cannot breathe because of what is flying in the air and have tension in your head from it? Well, just add a few drops around your belly button, and over the bridge of your nose and voila, you may find some sinus relief here!
- MOO Belly-- Try taking a Veggie Capsule filled with the Digestive blend when you have too much dairy in the belly.
- Kids Won’t Take a Capsule of the Digestive blend? To get things moving, put a drop of the Digestive blend in your child’s bath water and support healthy digestion.
- Gurgling Belly-- The next time you feel stomach churn or feelings of indigestion, help yourself stay comfortable and regular by adding 1-2 drops over your belly button, upper GI tract or take a few drops under your tongue and chase it with water. If you like the taste of black licorice, you will love the taste of the Digestive blend because it contains Fennel essential oil.
- Bad Breath?? This is the “Great Neutralizer”. Use 1-2 drops in 4-6 ounces of water as a mouth rinse, with water at night if you’ve eaten a meal with garlic, curry, onion, and smoky meats.
- A Holiday Helper. After a big holiday feast, massage the Digestive blend on your stomach after big meals to help digest all holiday fare with ease.
- Carefree at the carnival. First a funnel cake and then the teacup ride. Make sure you bring the Digestive blend along so you can have fun with the rest of the family!
- Greasy Foods? Rub this Digestive blend over your belly and you will be good to go. doTERRA’s DigestZen will soothe even the strongest kickback a bad belly can offer creating digestiveZEN.
10 Uses for Lemon
- Feeling overwhelmed? When you lack motivation or energy, try rubbing a drop of Lemon on your hands, the back of your neck or even through your hair. You’ll be amazed at the power of clarity that comes. Great for studying. Simply diffuse with Peppermint in the classroom or during homework time to help the kids stay awake and focused.
- Pamper yourself by mixing a few drops with Cypress and fractionated coconut oil and apply on tired, dry, cracked feet.
- Pump life into your water and your gut! Warm water with a little lemon in it scrapes nighttime gunk from your belly for a great running start. Additionally, add Lemon to that pitcher of water in the fridge, add some ice and Shake well. You will love the flavor!
- Flavor Boost. Add a drop of Lemon essential oil anytime you are cooking with lemon juice e.g. Salmon on the BBQ or Lemon meringue pie, to give it that deeper Lemon zest.
- Have a frog in your throat? Lemon in soothing winter teas, or add Lemon essential oil to organic honey in a spoon, suck it off and let it soothe that frog away.
- Gum, Goo, and all sticky stuff, lemon essential oil are excellent for removing sticky sticker residue, gum, tree sap and even removes paint from carpet, salsa stains, and permanent marker.
- Smell Lemons, Not Chemicals. Add a couple drops of Lemon essential oil to your dishwater. Adding Lemon will make your glassware crystal clean and clear.
- An Original All-Purpose Cleaner. Mix 5-6 drops Lemon essential oil with water and vinegar in a spray bottle to cleanse and purify surfaces. Use to clean kitchen counters and stainless steel appliances. For stainless steel, mix Lemon essential oil with olive oil for best results.
- Nourish Your Leathers & Furniture. Preserve and prevent leather from splitting with a Lemon soaked cloth. Also, a few drops of Lemon essential oil combined with a few drops of olive oil makes a great furniture polish.
- For the LOVE of Laundry! Instead of dryer sheets, try adding 10 drops of Lemon to a bottle cap filled with vinegar. Add to your fabric softener portion of your washing machine for a chemical-free fabric softener.
10 Uses for Breathe; A Respiratory Blend
- For a more restful sleep during seasonal respiratory discomfort, diffuse Breathe blend at bedtime keep a bottle by the bedside, in the car or your purse. Apply to the chest, bottom of feet or upper lip as needed for relief
- Free and Clear. Put a drop of the doTERRA’s Respiratory blend and a drop of Lime essential oil in a sink of hot water. Then, place a damp towel over your head and inhale deeply. It’s surprising how much this helps! You can also apply this to the bottom of your feet and diffuse to keep airways feeling, Free and Clear!
- Emotional support for moving into deeper heart space. When this occurs, it frees up some extra room for Spirit to reside and move into higher love.
- Move muscles, invigorate tired lungs and open the airways before your workout. Apply a few drops of Breathe to your legs, arms, and chest to enhance breathing during your workout. Another companion to this method that you can layer on top is Breathe Vapor Stick
- Boost Brain Power. Breathe contains Eucalyptus essential oil which is known to help stimulate mental activity and wake up your mind. The powerfully beneficial oils of Peppermint, Lemon, and Melaleuca are all included in the Respiratory blend and are perfect if you are feeling under the weather.
- In TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) the properties of Breathe represent WATER. Stuck in your mindset, need the flow of thought or to hatch new ideas? Simply apply this oil to the back of your neck or diffuse when you need it. You can also suck on Breathe Throat Lozenges for a little extra kick!
- Put a drop of Breathe on the filter of the CPAP machine for even more support during the night. Even without a CPAP machine, it’s good to keep a roller bottle of Breathe nearby to swipe on the chest and under the nose. A drop of Thyme Essential Oil on the big toe also helps! Enjoy….
- Help for your airways when you have cold feet in the winter. A popular way to warm your tootsies in the winter is too warm a cloth bag (filled with rice or feed corn kernels) in the microwave and place it at the foot of your bed at night. Add a few drops of Breathe in the bag to make it an aromatically soothing experience as well, promoting open airways.
- Human Diffusers….. Diffusing is great, but when you don’t have a diffuser handy, simply add a drop of both Breathe and Frankincense with a bit of Lime Essential oils into the palm of your hand. Make a fist with a small opening over the oils and breathe Out and then IN through your fist. A little inhaler that follows you everywhere.
- The essential oils in this blend really lend themselves to create a lung and heart connection that paves a deeper connection to life. Applying Breathe over the heart and 3rd Chakra, you can open space for love, light, and joy.
15 Uses for On Guard; Immune Boosting
I threw in 5 extra for one of my favorite blends!
- Seasonal Relief. Diffuse On Guard (Protective blend) anytime you are concerned about ‘what’s going around’ schools, sports arenas, churches and other crowded venues.
- Healthy Hands…. Add 10 drops of On Guard to a small 2-3oz. glass spray bottle and fill with water for clean hands, carts, toilet seats and even a cool throat spray!!!
- Healthy Ice Cream. Add 5-10 drops to a quart of homemade chocolate ice cream for a lovely taste of gingerbread and create some goodness,
- Garbage inside a cabinet is an ideal breeding ground for odors and gross things. When you take out the garbage, spray down your cabinet with On Guard and water. On Guard Cleaner Concentrate (my favorite!) is also excellent for this purpose.
- Natural Protection. Let On Guard with Wild Orange, Clove, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus and Rosemary to assist proper immune support and maintenance. Apply to the bottom of your feet or spine for immune support. You can also take OnGuard+ to help build a stronger immune system.
- Throat Soother. Mix a few drops of On Guard with 2 drops Lemon essential oil and honey or agave nectar in a teaspoon to soothe your throat during the winter.
- Diffuse in musty rooms that are prone to mold to inhibit the growth of the messy growth.
- Amp up your Zinc or Vitamin C intake every autumn. If this is you, add a few drops of On Guard to your juice for added protection.
- If you do a lot of speaking, you can create a protective mouth rinse by adding a drop of Lemon & On Guard to 4-6 oz. of water, gargle and go.
- Your Mouth Will Thank You. Try adding On Guard directly to your toothbrush or add a drop to your toothpaste to soothe irritated gums and promote a healthy smile.
- Eradicate That Oven Cleaner Smell. Caked on black oven gunk does not easily come off. After your oven’s self-clean cycle, spray a mix of purified water, On Guard and Lemon essential oil onto the oven interior. This will clear up all of the greasy smells as well as the smell of the oven cleaner!
- Gym Machines Will Thank You. Before climbing onto that sweaty vinyl at the gym, spray it with On Guard and water. Wipe down like you mean it. Your sweaty comrades will thank you.
- Be Protected On-The-Go. Traveling to the wide open corners of the world often leaves you without hand-cleaning spray handy. Make your own by mixing 5 Tablespoons aloe vera gel, 4 Tablespoons water, 1/4 teaspoon Vitamin E oil and 8-10 drops of On Guard in a small squeeze bottle. Violá!
- Sharing Is Caring…But Not Always! A few drops of On Guard in a spray bottle with water works wonders on grimy doorknobs, hand railings, and countertops.
- Smelly Pipes Got Your Rinse Down? Add 'On Guard' to your wash during the rinse cycle for all of the benefits of Protective Blend in your laundry! It will leave your laundry extra clean and smell great.